Wednesday, July 1, 2009

wine & cheese

A few days ago I actually found myself with some alone time. . .Lucas was taking a late nap and Noelle was eating dinner with her mom. No iCarly on the TV, no stepping on squeaky toys, no toddler screaming for attention, no husband around, and no cooking dinner.  Just me and the silence. 

So I did what any other 'moderne mom' would do. . .I opened a bottle of wine. Then I remembered that I just may be lucky enough to have some cheese tucked away behind all of the leftovers in the fridge. 

There I was, finally relaxing with my hair in a ponytail and my feet kicked up, when my 'modern mom' moment went from fab to drab. I realized my wine and cheese date with myself was not exactly as luxe as it felt. All our wine glasses are still packed so my cheap wine felt even cheaper in our tortoise glazed juice cups and the kids' string cheese was the only thing I could find. This situation is so typical of my life right now but for some reason I couldn't keep from loving the humor in it all. My outburst of laughter got the best of me and I forgot that I was still living in a 700 sq. ft. apartment with Lucas sleeping 5 ft. away from me. Woops! Needless to say he woke up and my tortoise juice cup of wine was never finished. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails