Sunday, October 4, 2009

weekly dose

So I haven't blogged in a couple of weeks and for good reasons, of course. The usual house remodeling has continued to consume our lives. But this past week has proved another trying week for us as Noelle and Eric have both had the flu and Lucas has battled high temps all week due to his 2 yr molars. We've been pretty busy with the daily grind but we did manage to take some time to ourselves and enjoy life a bit. This is our week in pictures. Enjoy!




Ok, so there is a crazy blue line underneath this picture of Noelle and I have no idea why. Anyway, this is that precious step-daughter of mine right before her first middle school dance. I can't believe she's in 6th grade this year and already making some great middle school memories. And of course she's stylin' with her black skinny jeans. She was so excited!
(Couple of days before her Doc told her she had to be out of school for a week)



All of our Filipino friends wanted to go see Journey in concert which was amazing! I haven't been to a concert in awhile (which is an old favorite pastime of mine) so for a minute there I felt like the free spirit that I use to be.



Ok, so you are laughing at me because of all of the concerts to feel like a free spirit, why Journey, right?
Well, not only was the new Filipino front man, Arnel, unbelievable, but their opening act was Night Ranger. I had no idea that I knew Night Ranger, but apparently I know all of their songs which brought back some great memories while making new ones.



We have been meeting up with friends on Saturday mornings to ride some bike trails which has been so stinkin' fun! We're really started to get into it now. . .



The river is the ugly dark brown part behind us . . . but look at that crazy white sand on the far bank! Who knew southeast texas had white sand on their rivers?



Unfortunately there is white sand on a lot of the trails too . . .
I was peddling along and my chain snapped while we were out in the middle of the woods. Eric and I had to walk our bikes about 2 miles back to the cars. Crazy!
But I love this picture I took of Eric while walking with my bike chain in his hand! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails