Friday, May 28, 2010

an overdue update . . .

Well, as usual, when our life begins to look normal, the chaos flows like a river.
As soon as we got the flagstone patio done under the new breezeway, we realized
that our sewer had some problems. And when I saw problems, I mean leaks in all of the pipes . . .
all over our yard while our sewage literally paraded down the street. Yowzers! 

{E} had to practically dig up every pipe in the yard in order to make sure that the problem was fixed.
Meanwhile, the jets in the pool broke and some valves with the pool equipment had to be replaced.

I'm ok posting these pictures of our white trash back yard, but you'll notice that I didn't dare take
a photo of our swamp of a pool while {E} was having it fixed . . .

Here's my quick photo montage!
Feel free to laugh! (or cry for me, either one)

contemplating how to begin another long weekend fixing pipes . . .

Lucas becoming comfortable with our chaotic lifestyle so he protested against clothes . . .

yep, that's my husband, deep in mud . . . rolex and all!

I have to say that this was the first time that I've ever asked Ace Hardware where
to rent a jack-hammer. Meanwhile, all of the bushes around the pull had
to come out .  . . apparently they were causing some problems with the sewer. 
And of course {E} did that reck-neck style by using his truck to pull them all out.

. . . of all of the poses he could have chosen, this is how he decided to take his picture

Noelle was with her mom, Lucas was taking a nap, and I was waiting for my next run to
Ace Hardware . . . so I stole a moment with a nice Dr. Pepper and dreaming of fabulous decor. . . 

Finally! Grass and no more dirt!

 . . . then moving on to {E}'s clinic. A long night of chamber ribbon cutting and open house partying.

Ignoring the green swamp of a pool, Noelle and her friend Maddy made a fashionably late 
appearance at their end of the year school dance. 

Lucas always messing with the water, even in his pajamas.


And then my husband that never stops decided that in the midst of all of this chaos would be the 
perfect time to plant our new flower bed. 


And that's all I have to say about that . . .

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails