Thursday, July 1, 2010

design + decor :: vintage rugs

These pictures that were posted on style court a few years ago 
 totally embrace the idea of vintage-luxe because of the casual use of 
vintage rugs thrown in with modern design
. . . which happen to make me oh-so-happy!


With that idea out on the table . . . 


The time has come to begin decorating our humble abode
And while I'm dreaming of Trina Turk fabric and maybe a room flounced in Schumacher wallpaper, 
I have to be realistic. In case I haven't stressed the word budget enough 
within the past year, hear me now . . .

BUDGET!
 but stylish, non the less.

Being that garage sales and estate sales are my absolute favorite past time, I couldn't resist going out this past weekend even though I was giving myself a budget of only $20.
That $20 went really fast but on one item that I've been scrounging around for all summer. . .
an antique big boy bed for Lucas! That'll be a project that you'll soon hear all about but the real excitement came an hour later after I found an unexpected estate sale.

Let me introduce you to our first splash of color in our home . . .


An antique persian rug that happened to be my dream rug for the past few years. 
(probably about 10 years to be exact) Perfect colors, antique (over 50 yrs old, just like I have dreamt), just the right size (13ft x 10ft) and the perfect price


Did I mention it was half price because it was the last day? So half of $350 equals perfectly and acceptably over budget. Not to mention that I also stole a Turkish 9ft runner for the upstairs hallway . . . for only $75. 


The colors are perfectly rich and look amazing with our dark floors and gray walls! Not to mention that the couple of aged spots make it even better for me. Even {E} was so excited about it! Woo Hoo! Talk about blowing my $20 garage sale budget, 
but what a day of vintage-luxe!

The rug is so inspiring for me but of course I wasn't expecting to get an antique persian rug until a few years from now. So . . .  this totally moves our decor in a different direction, but a good one! 


These pillows I made only cost me $2. Yes Yes Yes!
Swoon if you will . . . only $2!


I'm loving the contrast with the rug . . . 
which is what I've always loved! 

Just when I thought I was going to back down from garage sales and estate sales,
 I think I've only just begun. I seriously have a problem! 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails